Online Craps Gambling New Zealand
In any Kiwi online casino in 2015, Craps is an incredibly popular game for the top players. It is an easy dice game to learn the basics, but when you get into the rules it can get quite complicated. We put together a guide for you to learn not only how to play the game, but how to win real money in any NZ online gambling casino. We scoured the web for the best online gambling craps pages out there, so that you don't have to. We found the top sites that have the best guaranteed service and security that you can trust. Our review team has found that the best online casino for NZ players to play craps at is Spin Palace. Read on to find out more about the real money game of craps and how you can start playing, and winning today!
- Simple to learn
- Exciting game to play
- High payouts
- Excellent odds
- Low house edge of just 1.41% with Pass Line
How to Play
When playing craps online the computer handles shooting for you and you bet on what the dice will show.
In all of the New Zealand land and online casinos, craps is one of the most popular games available. In this dice game, players make real cash bets on either the outcome of a roll or a series of rolls of a pair of dice. You can either bet against other players or against the bank or casino. The game is found on the street as well as in any land or online casino. New Zealand gambling online craps players can just get a pair of dice, bet against each other and start winning real money right then and there. Or, you can play from the comfort of your own computer at one of our top rated gambling online casinos. Craps is a very versatile game!
In NZ the person who throws the dice is called the “shooter.” Players bet on the “Pass” or “Don't Pass” lines, also called “Win” and “Don't Win” or “Right” and “Wrong.” These bets are placed on the outcome of a round. Each round, the shooter picks two dice out of a handful presented to him by the “Stickman.” The stickman keeps the unused dice each round.
There are two phases per round in NZ, called “Come-out” and “Point.” Every round starts with one or more come-our rolls, and if the dice add up to 2, 3 or 12 it is called “Craps” and anyone who bet the pass line loses the round. If the dice add up to 7 or 11, the pass line wins. Any other number is called a point number, which establishes the point. In order to pass or win, the point number has to be rolled again before a 7 is rolled.
This is the second phase of the round. If the shooter rolls the point value again before rolling a 7, the pass line wins that round. If the shooter rolls a 7, the pass line loses any real money bets they made.
Crabs Gambling Online - Beginner's Strategy
NZ players should know that if you are checking out sites for online gambling, craps “systems” will not help you win. In any casino online, craps is mostly a game of chance, not skill. The best way to win real cash is to use some of these top basic strategies.
- Only bet 5-10 percent of your buy-in for your first bet.
- Playing odds is the best strategy
- If you reach $120, use $5 for the line bet and then $5 for odds, with an adjustment of no more than $2 based on the odds
- If you win this bet, keep the original $10 and bet your winnings
- Keep betting until your odds are maximized, then you can start increasing your odds and your line bet
- If you ever lose, return to the original $5 bet, no higher.
Different Types of Online Craps Gambling
Rely on the Pass Line bet whenever you can, it’s the most effective at making you money over time.
As you will see in New Zealand gambling online sites, craps has a lot of different real cash versions. Whether you are in a land casino or playing at a casino online, craps games are generally very similar but with a few important differences.
- Crapless Craps: Bob Stupak invented this version, in which you can never lose a pass line bet by rolling craps (2, 3 or 12). This is very popular for people looking to win real money outside of casinos because it significantly reduces the house edge for come out rolls. It is also called Ruse Craps and Never Ever Craps
- Open Craps: This version is not one that you will find in a casino online. Craps in this version is usually played illegally on NZ street for real cash. This version has worse odds, making pay-outs higher and the game even more exciting. The shooter puts his bet in the centre, then all of the players place their bets in the middle as well. The shooter rolls a come out, and the game is played like normal craps. If the shooter throws craps, the players split the shooter's bet between them but if the shooter throws a natural, he gets to keep all of the real money in the pot.
- High Point Craps: In this version, you ignore initial rolls if they are 2 or 3. Rolling 11 or 12 gives you a 1 to 1 pay-out, and anything else sets the point number. You must roll higher than the point to win, if you roll anything less you lose all of your real cash in the pot.
- New York Craps: As the name suggests, New York Craps is mostly played in NY, but it is also played in the UK and Bahamas. In this version you can't make place bets or come/don't come bets. The players have to play on the box numbers (4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10). The layout is also different. There are 2 boxmen standing next to the stickman and 2 base dealers, one on each side of the table. The casino has a 5 percent edge in this version but it is still fun to play either in person or an online casino. Craps is one of the most exciting games out there!
- Simplified Craps: This version is great for NZ beginners. This is a watered down version with simplified rules. There are many chances to win real cash although the house edge is 2.8 percent. The betting system is basic, with no pass line/don't pass line bets, craps, or naturals. You just win or lose based on the number that is rolled. Pay-out is based on the number you roll. Winning numbers are 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 12 and losing numbers are 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9.
Different Types of Real Money Bets
Craps is a great game for beginners to play at any online casino. New Zealand craps players have 4 basic bets they can choose from when playing.
- Pass Line: This is the most basic and common real money bet, and it only has a house edge of 1.41 percent. Stick to this bet if you want an easy game with sure pay-out.
- Field Bet: This is a good bet any time for any single roll of the dice. You will win a 1 to 1 pay-out if you roll a 3, 4, 9, 10 or 11. Most of the time, 2 pays 2 to 1 and 12 pays 3 to 1. You lose if you get a 5, 6, 7, or 8. This is an average bet, with a house edge of 2.77%.
- Come Bet: This is a virtual pass line bet. This bet can be played any time, even in the middle of a round.
- Place Bet: This bet is known as an on-demand point. You bet that the placed number will be rolled before a 7. You can make this bet any time, but most commonly real cash place bets are made after a point is established.
We searched high and low for the best online gambling casinos out there offering top of the line craps games. Our list was hand-picked by experts in the world of online casino. New Zealand gambling online craps players will have a huge advantage signing up at the casinos on our list because we have personally vetted each and every real cash site and verified that they have top level customer service, the best security out there and great game selection. If you want to start winning real money today, check out our list and sign up!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
While playing online craps you bet on a virtual board and then initiate the roll of a pair of virtual dice. You either win or lose depending on the numbers that come up on the virtual dice.
You can find top online craps at big name casinos or small casinos built on high quality software. Look around for highly rated casinos and you’ll likely find good quality craps if the software is known to be good.
Online craps is a more laid-back experience because you don’t have a bunch of players relying on the shooter’s rolls, cheering and making as intense. This makes it good for new players, but some players miss the excitement of the crowd while playing online.
Craps is the most popular dice game in New Zealand and offered at most casinos.
With a max bet as large as 500 at some casinos it’s possible to win thousands of NZD while playing the game if you get a difficult bet or if you have an extended lucky streak.
Craps is fair online because the random software ensures that the dice always come up to random numbers, just as they would when rolled in person.