Top Online Gambling for New Zealand Roulette Players
If you visit an online gambling site, roulette is one of the top real money games that you are sure to see. Whether in land casinos or online gambling sites, roulette is a simple game to play. It consists of the familiar spinning wheel with 37-38 slots, where you toss a rolling ball and bet on which number or colour it will land on. Roulette is the epitome of heart pounding excitement found in casinos, and this excitement is easy to find at home in a gambling online website. Kiwi roulette players have hundreds of choices for international gambling sites that they can visit. We have combed through each casino to find where the best places to play roulette are in NZ. Read on to find out more about the game, and where you can find the top sites to play and win! Our review team has done extensive research on the best online casinos for roulette and they found Spin Palace to beat the rest. Playing roulette online means you'll be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Many different betting and withdrawal options
- Live dealer play across desktop and mobile devices
- Trust - Knowing that you are safe and secure
How to Play
Stick to European Roulette and avoid American roulette to increase your odds of winning.
In gambling online websites, real cash roulette comes in two forms. European wheels have 37 slots, which are numbered 0-36, and the house edge is 2.63 percent. American wheels have an extra 38th slot, numbered 00. It is a good idea to play European roulette if you can find it, because American wheels increase the house odds to a whopping 5.26 percent. Whether you are playing for real money at a land casino or online casino, roulette players have a higher chance of winning on a European wheel.
To play roulette in person, you have to buy special coloured chips, which you place on the wheel before it is spun to make your bet. At an online casino, roulette players are automatically assigned chips and you can click on the number or space you want to bet on. You can't reuse chips or cash them or for NZ dollars. You have to cash them out for regular chips after the game.
In NZ, if you are looking for the best real money betting out there it is easy to find a great online gambling site. New Zealand Roulette players will find that you can make two kinds of bets, inside or outside. Inside bets refer to bets made on the individual numbers, while outside bets are made in the boxes surrounding the numbers. In every Kiwi gambling site, online roulette requires a minimum bet and has limits on maximum bets.
Different Kinds of Roulette Online
When playing at a real cash casino, online roulette gambling has more variations than real-life games do. There is of course American and European wheels, but there are some more of the top variations we found on the web:
- French Roulette: This version has En Prison and La Partage "insurance" bets, which allow you to get half of your real money bets back if you land on a 0
- Multi Ball Roulette: ou can play up to 3 balls on the same wheel simultaneously, decreasing initial pay-out but improving your long term odds of winning real cash
- Multi Wheel Roulette: You can bet on more than one table at once. This is especially convenient at an online gambling room, roulette games can be open in multiple tabs at once.
- Live Dealer Roulette: This lets you bet online, but watch a real like dealer on video in a real money land casino.
- Spingo: This game combines Bingo, Lotto and Roulette. You bet on colours, while the numbered lotto balls pop up simultaneously. You can also bet on numbers.
Different Types of Bets and Strategies
With roulette the outside bets offer the best odds each and every time.
There are a few different ways New Zealanders can bet at an online gambling site’s roulette table. First of all, when you are playing at a casino online, roulette has the same odds as it would in person. The wheel is spun at random intervals, and all of the sites we tested can verify that there is no greater advantage to the house than if you were at a land casino.
It's definitely important to verify these things when you are playing for real cash in New Zealand, which is why we have listed only top of the line, trustworthy online website. Roulette has the following types of bets available:
- Straight up Bet (Inside): This is a bet on a single number, with a pay-out of 35 to 1. Your chances are low but the real money pay-out is high!
- Split Bet (Inside): NZ players can bet on two numbers at the same time, with a real cash pay-out of 17 to 1.
- Street Bets/Line Bet (Inside): This bet is placed on the area separating the inside and outside betting areas, straddling the first number in the row. It has a pay-out of 11 to 1.
- Corner or Quad Bet (Inside): This is a 4 number bet where the chip touches the four corners of the spaces you are betting on. It pays 8 to 1.
- Basket Bet (Inside): This bet is on the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. It pays 6 to 1 and is considered the worst bet in the game because it has a house edge of 7.89 percent.
- Double Street (Inside): This is a bet on 6 numbers total, and pays 5 to 1 in real cash.
- Even or Odd (Outside): You can bet on whether the number the ball lands on will be even (32) or odd (7)
- Red or Black (Outside): You can bet on whether the space the ball lands on will be coloured red or black. This is a popular bet in NZ and worldwide.
- Dozen Bets (Outside): These are bets made on 12 consecutive numbers. These play 2 to 1 and if you pull up a 0 or 00, you lose.
- Column Bets (Outside): These are 12 number bets as well, and also pay 2 to 1. The 12 numbers consist of the numbers in one of the three vertical columns.
Although some people in New Zealand claim that they have a fool proof system for playing at a gambling online site, roulette is not predictable like other table games. There is no sure way to win, and the house does usually have a considerable edge on the players. But we do have some tips for beginners looking to win real money:
- Play at a full table or in a full real money room online. This will give you approximately 2 minutes per spin, which allows your money to be exposed to the house edge for less time.
- It is OK to bet on the same number as other NZ players. It won't increase your chances of a real cash pay-out, but it is perfectly acceptable.
- You can place bets after the ball is spun, until the ball starts to slow down and the dealer calls No More Bets.
- Start with some of the lower pay-out bets at first. It will not increase your chance of winning big if you don't go for a straight up bet right away, but it will increase your confidence to start slow.
- Stick to the table minimum. This keeps your odds of losing low and improves long term chances to win real money.
If you want to start winning real cash today at an online gambling site, New Zealand roulette players should definitely check out our list of the top sites below. These are the best sites out there for roulette. They have top of the line graphics, the best customer service in NZ, and security for your financial data. We found only the best of the best to share with you, so that you can start collecting real money winnings from roulette play today!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Online roulette works by letting you watch a virtual ball roll around in a virtual wheel to finally come at a final resting point. In reality the value of the ball is predetermined and the animation is just playing out that value. It’s randomly generated each time you want to spin the wheel to bet on the result.
Top roulette games are at the major online casinos and are easy to find when you need them. Take a look at the various options and you’ll see which roulette games are rated the best and known for offering the best experience.
Online roulette isn’t quite as exciting as live roulette, but it’s also faster. You can play the game more efficiently when playing online because you don’t have as much waiting in between placing bets, since you only wait for your own bet.
Roulette is highly popular among New Zealand players and one of the most popular table games.
Players have won more than one hundred thousand dollars playing roulette, so that level of winning is possible in some instances.
It’s possible to use a system if you know it well, but you should look for online casinos with the highest possible roulette betting limits to get the most from any system.
Since online roulette results are determined by a random number generator they’re extremely fair and can be relied upon.