Online Video Poker New Zealand
If you are just getting into playing at Kiwi online gambling sites, video poker is a great place to start. Read on to learn more about where to find the top video poker games online, how to play and win, and the best strategies and tips for beginners. We even found a list of the best places to play in an online casino. New Zealand video poker is such a great game, read on and start winning real cash today!
You simply deposit some money in your online gambling account, place a bet between 1 and 5 credits, and then you are dealt a hand by the computer. You get to select the cards you want to keep, hit the draw button and the machine replaces the cards you don't want. Your final hand determines what your real cash pay-out will be. It's as easy as that! So, if you're still wondering why you should be playing video poker, let the following advantages sway you:
- Different video variations of the game
- Exciting features while playing
- Potentially high jackpots
- Frequent payouts
The History of Video Poker
Look at the payout for two pair when picking a poker machine to get more consistent prize money.
Video poker has been around since the 1970's. It was one of the first predecessors to computerized gaming that we see today in any NZ online gambling website. Video poker first came out as a casino game much like slots, when it had its own small section in a casino where players can get in on a few quick games without committing to a poker table.
Video poker came out right around the same time as personal computers did in NZ. In the 1970's it became possible to combine computers with monitors, and computers were small enough that it was convenient and economically viable. In 1979, Si Redd?s Coin Machines, which later became International Game Technology, introduced the machine ?Draw Poker.? This was the first extremely popular machine and it made sure that video poker would be firmly established in the real money gambling world. The game continued to grow in popularity in the 1980's, especially in local Las Vegas casinos, which offered lower buy ins and better odds than the tourist casinos.
These days it is one of the most popular games out there in NZ, whether in a land casino or in a casino online. Video poker is so much easier to play than regular poker or Pai-Gow Poker because you only need to understand the most basic rules of the game. In any type of poker, you win based on the value of your cards. Each card has a value, with Ace being the highest and 2 being the lowest. Depending on what cards you have, you can trade out up to 3 cards at a time in order to possibly improve the value of your hand. Here are the different hands you can play, in order from highest value to lowest:
- Royal Flush: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, Ten, (from the same suit)
- Straight Flush: 5 cards in sequence (from the same suit), e.g. 9, 8, 7, 6, 5
- Four of a Kind: 4 cards of the same rank, in the 4 different suits
- Full House: a combination of three of a kind and a pair, e.g. 7, 7, 7, 2, 2
- Flush: Any 5 cards of the same suit, not in sequence
- Straight: Any sequence of 5 cards, not from the same suit
- Three of a Kind: 3 cards of the same rank e.g. 5, 5, 5, Queen, 10
- Two Pairs: 2 different pairs of cards (same rank), e.g. 7, 7, 5, 5, King
- One Pair: 2 cards of the same rank, e.g. Ace, Ace, 9, 5, 2
- High Card: With no other hand, the highest ranking card in your hand counts as the value.
At any online casino, video poker pay-outs are determined by how rare a hand is, the variation of poker being played, and the personal preference of the game operator. Typically pay tables start with a minimum hand of a pair of jacks, which pays real cash evenly. All of the other combinations are the same as those listed above.
Some online casino?s video poker games offer unique bonuses, progressive jackpots and more bonuses that are designed to keep players coming back for more. It is best if you can find this kind of gambling site online. Video poker is the most fun when you can win bonuses and progressive jackpots!
Beginner Tips and Strategies
Video poker requires more strategy than pokies does.
You want to have the best odds when playing at any NZ online casino. New Zealand video poker players should definitely read up on beginner's strategy to make sure that they are playing the game to the best of their abilities! These top tips will increase your odds of winning real money in any video poker game.
- Play the maximum bet every time. Most machines offer bonuses on the highest hand for 5 coins played.
- Machines are never ?overdue? for a royal flush or other rare hands.Don?t count on the fact that a machine hasn't paid a jackpot in a long time, because the odds are always the exact same, no matter what.
- Use Slot Club cards if they are available. This is basically free real money, and it can give you an edge.
- Research the most generous games. Check out our list of the top online casino video poker games to find where the highest pay-outs and best odds can be found.
- Play the double-up feature if you can. If the game offers a double up, it is best to play it because there is no house edge.
- Never play more than you can afford. Video poker can be addictive because it is so easy, so make sure to set a budget and stick to it.
Now that you have all the information you need to become a top-level video poker player, it?s time to get out there and start winning real money! We put together a list of the very best places to play in any online casino. Video poker is such an easy game to get into, and you do not have to bet top dollar in order to win big. Check out our list of the top websites with the best odds, and start winning real cash today!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Video poker works much in the way that a slot machine does. You play a game with reels and try to get favourable symbol combinations. The main difference is that with video poker you have card symbols and you?re trying to get poker combinations such as a straight, a three of a kind or a flush, rather than the matching symbols of slots.
Video poker odds are quite good and you can win prize money on very small hands such as two pair.
The games with the least number of reels and the higher payouts for two pair or the lowest prize offer the best odds of actually winning a profit.
You can win thousands of dollars playing video poker if you get lucky and get a royal flush on the right machine.
Take a look at the highest payout of the machine to see what the jackpot is and decide if that?s high enough or not.
No they are not. Video poker machines do cause you to lose money more than win it, but they are completely random and you could win much more than you lose, or the other way around while playing.